Friday, May 2, 2014

Fly high, pay low with Air Asia Zest Red Hot Piso Fare promo

I just booked a Manila-Tacloban return flight for my June vacation with Air Asia Zest. I'm going home for this year's Tacloban Fiesta to witness the Sangyaw Festival. This is the first time I'll fly with the red airline going home. 

I've never gone home since November after the devastating super typhoon Yolanda hit the Visayas region. I've been living in Manila for the past five years and regularly goes home every December for Christmas and New Year, May for summer vacation, June for the City Fiesta, August for the annual family reunion and November for the All Souls Day. I had no plan of going back to Tacloban this year because I don't want to recall the bad memories left by Yolanda in my city. Nevertheless, I realized that I have no choice but accept the fact and deal with it. 

I tried to book with Philippine Airlines, but the time of the available flights were either too early or too late for me to catch. I tried looking for alternatives and Air Asia came to my mind. I visited their website and booked for a flight and I was surprised when the total payment for my return flight only cost me P899.00 all-in. This is perhaps the cheapest air fare I ever paid for in my entire life. 

Air Asia Zest currently has a promotion for any domestic flight departing and leaving Metro Manila (NAIA Terminal 4). Pay only P1.00 for the base fare if you fly to and from any of these domestic destinations: Boracay (Caticlan), Puerto Princesa, Tacloban, Cebu, Bohol (Tagbilaran).

Depending on your destination, you only pay as low as P354.00 all-in (including fuel surcharges and taxes). Selling of seats or booking period for this promotion is from April 21, 2014 to May 5, 2014 only. Travel period is from June 5, 2014 to April 30, 2015.

Seats are very limited, so I immediately booked for three return flights in June, August and December. I only paid more that P3,000.00 all-in for all of these. I paid via credit card, so I was charged  P268.80 on top of the fare for processing fee. If you want to save P268.80, I suggest you pay via Dragon Pay or partner establishments like Cebuana Lluillher or 7-11 stores as they charge cheaper for these payment methods. 

I'm excited to fly with Air Asia Zest. However, I'm limiting my expectations with service knowing that I'll be flying with a budget carrier. I'll write more about my experience with Air Asia Zest after my travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment